Home page for Elka Kraleva
Central Laboratory of General Ecology, 2 Yurii Gagarin Street, Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
Date and place of birth: 29.04.1976, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 1995-2000 - MSc, University of Plovdiv "Paisi Hilendarsky", Plovdiv, Department of Chemistry; main subjects - chemistry, ecology
- 2001-2005 - PhD, Institute of Catalysis, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences; Supervisors Prof. D.Sc. L. Petrov and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Alla Spojakina; title of thesis "Using the heteropolycompaunds in design of the hydrodesulphurization catalysts"
- 2006-2009 - Institute of Catalysis, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- 14.1.2008-30.09.2008 - The Universite of Palermo, Italy, PostDoctoral Researcher
- 2009 – chemist (Postdoctoral researcher, project WETLANET FP7 EC), Central Laboratory of General Ecology, BAS, Department of Functional Ecology)
Ecology and catalysis - new clean catalytic processes and technologies for environmental protection; novel catalytic materials for preparation of clean fuels from renewable sources and for the waste cleaning. The research projects involves: hydrotreatment of petroleum fractions, reforming of natural gas, photocatalysis, clean fuel synthesis, synthesis of novel catalytic materials.
Methodological experience included:
- different methods as coprecipitation, impregnation, sol-gel and mechanochemical treatment for synthesis and modification of materials. Studies on the structure and properties of nanostuctured materials using different physico-chemical methods: X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, Temperature-programmed reduction, SEM and TEM microscopy, GC/MS, ICP and etc.
- physicochemical methods for characterization of environmental matrices of protected wetlands in Bulgaria
- GC/MS methods for analysis of aromatic hydrocarbons, pesticides and chlorinated organic compounds and their effectiveness in samples from coastal marine and transitional waters and sediments
- MON-BG D01-900 "Multifunctional catalytic systems for production of environmental friendly fuels", Coordinator
- Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
- Institute of Petrochemical Synthesis Russian Academy of Sciences (TIPS RAS), Russia.
- The Faculty of Technology Leskovac, University of Nis, Serbia, Biotechnology Laboratory
- Membership of Bulgarian Catalysis Club
- Member of European Federation of the Catalytic Societies
- Bulgarian Chemical Society
List of publications
Spojakina, A., Kraleva, E., Jiratova, K., Petrov, L. (2005) TiO2-supported Iron-Molybdenum Hydrodesulfurization Catalysts. Appl. Catal. A: Gen., 288, 10.
Kraleva, E., Paneva, D., Spojakina, A., Petrov L. (2005) Study of iron state in tatania supported FeMo catalysts of hydrodesulfurization. Reac. Kinet. Catal. Lett., 85 (2), 283.
Kraleva, E., Spojakina, A., Jiratova, K., Petrov, L. (2006) Support effect on the formation of catalytic site precursors in the thiophene hydrodesulfurization. Catalysis Letters, 110, 3-4, 203.
Kraleva, E., Spojakina, A., Jiratova, K., Petrov, L. (2006) Support Effect on the Properties of Iron-Molybdenum Hydrodesulfurization Catalysts. Catalysis Letters, 112, 3-4, 203.
Kraleva, Е., Spojakina, А., Jiratova, K., Petrov, L. (2007) Titania-supported mixed HPMoV polyoxometallates as precursors of hydrodesulfurization catalysts, Reac. Kinet. Catal. Lett., 92, 111-119.
Kostova, N.G., Kraleva, E., Spojakina, A.A., Godocikova, E., Balaz, P. (2007) Effect of preparation technique on the properties of Mo-containing Al-MCM-41, Journal of Materials Science, 42, 3321.
Kraleva, E.Y., Spojakina, A.A. Jiratova, K. (2009 in press.) Heteroatom Effect on HDS Activity of TiO2-Supported Molybdenum Heteropolyoxometalates of Anderson Type, Kinetica and Catalysis .
Kraleva, E., Spojakina, A., Saladino, M.L., Caponetti, E., Jiratova, K. (in press) Mechanical treatment of TiO2 and ZrO2 oxide mixtures. Journal of Nanostructure Materials.
Kraleva, E., Saladino, M.L., Caponetti, E., Enzo, S., Spojakina, A. (in press) Phase formation in mixed TiO2-ZrO2 oxides prepared by sol-gel method. Journal of Structural Chemistry.
Spojakina, А., Kraleva, E., Jiratova, K, Kocianova, J., Petrov, L. (2002) FePMo12O40 heteropolycompound in preparation of hydrodesulfurization catalysts. Bulg. Chem. Commun., 34, 495.
Kraleva, E., Spojakina, A., Paneva, D., Petrov, L. (2005) Formation of nanosize particles in FeMo containg catalysts for hydrodesulfurization. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 5, 152.
Kraleva, E. , Spojakina, A., Avdeev, G., Jiratova, K., Petrov, L. (2006) Nanophase systems dispersed in mesoporous MCM-41 as of catalysts for hydrodesulfurization. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 6, 160.
Dimitrov, L., Jiratova, K., Kraleva, E., Spojakina, A. (2008) Creation of Mesopores in Zeolite MTW by Desilication. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 8, 2008
Kraleva, E., Spojakina, A., Saladino, M.L., Caponetti, E., Avdeev, J. (2009) ZrO2-supported nanosized tungsten containing catalysts. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 9, 2009.
Last modified 11.11.2010 16:46