Centre of Excellence in Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research (CEBDER)
The Central Laboratory of General Ecology is organisational affiliation of the project, funded by National Science Fund of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria, Program "Development of Research Infrastructure" (2008).
The aim of the project is to create a National Centre of Excellence in the Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research (CEBDER).
During the period of the project (2009-2010) the efforts of the Consortium are to be focused on the following scientific tasks:
- Monitoring of the biodiversity;
- Creating of scientific grounds for building and development of the ecological network Natura 2000;
- Sustainable use of biological resources, development of ecosystem benefits and effective bioeconomy;
- Elaboration of conservation policy based on dynamic models for systematic conservation, planning and maintenance of the biodiversity.
Several types of activities are included in six work packages:
- WP 1: Expanding and development of the specialised laboratory equipment;
- WP 2: Development and equipment completion of the network of field stations;
- WP 3: Enhancing the experience of researchers via organisation of training courses for approbation of the new equipment;
- WP 4: Individual short-term specialisations;
- WP 5: Development of the infrastructure for storing of collections on the field of biodiversity;
- WP 6: Dissemination of the project activities and results.
Leader of the project: Boyko B. Georgiev, DSc.
The CEBDER consortium includes: Central Laboratory of General Ecology, BAS, Institute of Zoology, BAS, Institute of Botany, BAS, Forest Research Institute BAS, National Museum of Natural History, Institute of Experimental Pathology and Parasitology, BAS, Institute of Oceanology, BAS, Biological Faculty of the Sofia University St. K. Ohridski, Department of Botany at the Agricultural University, Plovdiv, Department of Biology and Aquaculture at the Trakia University, Stara Zagora
Last modified 21.01.2010 17:05